- Initial wires were created from pencil sketches.
- We did box model studies to evaluate sizing up and down.
- Final specifications
Cushing’s Connection Tracker
The makers of Cushing’s Connection wanted to create a tool for patients to be able to keep track of their symptoms & medical information in order to help manage their information and recognize a relapse. Current methods were usually manual, whereby patients carry large amounts of pictures and medical documentation.
The original pitch for the app was for a native application, but was switched to a web app to get the widest user acceptance. So, we got to work creating a responsive version of the app adapting the previous mobile app. The goal was to give users an instant snapshot of their health, so we had to create charts of useful information that made sense to users and that gave medical professional a time lapsed view of the patient. Meanwhile, one of the key points of the app was to have patients join the company network, so we had to include clear calls to action and value prop around joining the network.
Since the definition had been done prior to my involvement, we got to work straight away on some concepts. There was also a need to test and communicate the responsive design to the development team (which was in NYC). Previous attempts internally were done by mocking every screen out in 3 different versions. Instead we chose to focus on the framework of 5 pages, and give devs a responsive system to create the rest of the pages.
The first step was to architect a page flow for the main use cases - Data entry, review of medical records, uploading photos, and viewing community data. The comps were reviewed by doctors and patients for feedback to make sure we captured the most important and useful data.
Since this was one of the more challenging applications the agency had done responsively, there needed to be a new way of designing and communicating quickly with the dev team. The initial designs were agreed on, a reflow structure and rule set were created and a box flow was created for testing. Devs used the box flow as a guide. Once the flow was right, production began.
This project was technology at its best — allowing the user to see new information in a new way in order to recognize health problems before they get serious.
The app allows the user to take photos, as well as enter numerical data, and qualitative data in the app, creating a complete picture of their health. The users can then email a copy of the report to themselves or a medical professional for review. The application was a completely responsive effort, which scales all the way from mobile to full screen desktop, and served as a prototype process for future endeavors for the agency.
Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Creative Direction, Process Development